click the gem to go to my shop

click the gem to go to my shop
click the gem to go to my shop

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Aging Parents and Grandparents

This week, both my Mother-in-law and my Father-in-law will have some pretty serious skin cancer surgeries. They are both in their 80's. My husband will be taking time off work to go help them out while they are recovering. I will hold the fort down here with our son in school, etc.

We take for granted that we will have our grandparents around for many years to come, but I see them both slowing down so much over the last few years. They were a bright active, traveling couple when I first met them. I forget that that was over 18 years ago.

I am so glad my son is enjoying the time he has with them and my parents. I was fortunate that he got to be with my grandparents when they were in their 90's. Sadly, he was so little that he doesn't really remember Grandmother Lois but I am glad that he remembers Pappy.

Take time with them while you have them. Parents and Grandparents are a real blessing in our lives.


George and Lois Spivey on their wedding day in 1934

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...