click the gem to go to my shop

click the gem to go to my shop
click the gem to go to my shop

Monday, May 3, 2010

Oath of a Knight

Chivalry isn't dead, but it is up to us to teach it.

In working with the boys in our Scout troop, it dawned on me how we are working toward raising young gentlemen...young knights, if you will. Then I came across the Oath of a Knight and was struck at some of the similarities in it to the Boy Scout Oath.


Oath of the Knight
Be loyal of hand and of mouth, seeking to serve every man as best ye may.

Seek ye the fellowship of good men, hearken unto their words and remember them.
Be humble and courteous wherever thou goest, not talking much, neither being dumb altogether.
Allow no women or child to suffer by thy default, so that if ye may lift thy hand to assist one, do so. If thou must draw thy sword to defend them, do so unto thy own death.
If thou come into fellowship with boys or men who speak in a disrespectful manner of any women or maiden, let them know in gracious words that this displeases thou and thy Lord, then depart their company forthwith.
Thou art to defend and protect those who seek to worship in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and promote faith in Him throughout this earth He has made.

Scout Oath


On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

Scout Law

A Scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly,
courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty,
brave, clean, and reverent


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...