click the gem to go to my shop

click the gem to go to my shop
click the gem to go to my shop

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Web 2.0 ........Catching Up!


Amazing when you think about it, just how tied into social networking we have become and yet it is not all that old...The world wide web was launched in 1990, My Space in 2003, Facebook in 2004 (by a college student) and Twitter in 2006. Not a wonder that school kids make leaps and bounds in it while some of us are trying to catch up.

Not all that long ago, I had no idea what a blog even was, now I have one. I resisted Facebook and Twitter for a while because I was already on Linked In and was already swamped with personal email. Then I started to really think about it and it occured to me that these social websites might actually help me manage all that a little better by pooling some of that input into one or two manageable places. It struck me as funny that it almost seems like email in sound bites because you can easily scan what's there and decide what is of interest. It also allows sharing information and ideas with several people at the same time. Not that you can't do that with email, somehow it seems more personal when you can see the people you are interacting with (or at least their avatar) like you can on Facebook. You can also look at their profile there or in their blogs and see what you may have in common.  I've made some pretty cool new friends that way
and learned a lot as well.

You don't have to be a web designer to do it either...good thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...