click the gem to go to my shop

click the gem to go to my shop
click the gem to go to my shop

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Amazing Boy Scouts

One of the boys in my son's troop is working on his Eagle Scout project.
He was able to obtain a piece of the twisted steel beams from the WTC 9/11 attack. It will be the focal piece in a memorial garden. Because more than 90 countries lost citizens in that horrific attack, each of the Scouts also made a glazed tile representing on of the countries. These will be part of the memorial.

This weekend, the Troop will gather to clean out, prep and plant the garden where the memorial will be installed. Some of the 175 families who live in Florida and lost family members in the attack will be there.
The official dedication will be in February when the beam arrives.
To be sure, there won't be a dry eye in the house.

Audrey

2 comments:

Steph said...

I'm getting teary eyed just reading your post! Every time we are driving into the city and I don't see those towers it just breaks my heart.

Audrey said...

I know the feeling. I get choked up at the National Anthem and can't watch programs about 9/11 without blubbering.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...